Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Will Iran become Philippines' biggest banana export market?
The Islamic Republic of Iran's Department of Finance announced on Wednesday 20 Oct., that it is keen to import more bananas from the Philippines, as well as explore areas of investment and cooperation in the country.
In a statement, the DOF said Iran wants to foster better economic relations with the country.
“In the Iranian private sector…for example regarding bananas, there are some big companies that said we still need more bananas from the Philippines,” the department quoted Iranian Ambassador to Manila Mohammad Tanhaei as telling Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez in a courtesy call on October 14.
DOF said Filipino banana producers used to export 30 percent of their produce to Iran.
However, the past UN trade restrictions imposed on Iran led to a decline in Philippine banana shipments to that country.
"The recent lifting of the trade sanctions could mean Iran might once again be one of the Philippines’ largest markets for its fresh banana exports," DOF said.
Publication date: 10/20/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: