Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuador: Banana producers want to regain 12% of the market
Banana producers expect to recover 12% of the market share that they lost in recent years due to the lack of a trade agreement with the European Union.
The announcement made by the Minister of Foreign Trade, Juan Carlos Cassinelli, regarding the signing of the agreement with the EU on November 11, raised the optimism of a sector that hopes to regain its leading role in the national economy.
Eduardo Ledesma, executive director of the Association of Banana Exporters, said the agreement would allow them to recover a market share they had lost.
Meanwhile, Jorge Serrano, chairman of the association, said that the Ecuadorian banana has lost competitiveness with bananas from Central America and Colombia.
The association also expects modifications on labor, energy, and environmental aspects, that would affect the sector's development, to be made in the medium term.
Publication date: 10/13/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: