Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuador: Banana producers want to regain 12% of the market
Banana producers expect to recover 12% of the market share that they lost in recent years due to the lack of a trade agreement with the European Union.
The announcement made by the Minister of Foreign Trade, Juan Carlos Cassinelli, regarding the signing of the agreement with the EU on November 11, raised the optimism of a sector that hopes to regain its leading role in the national economy.
Eduardo Ledesma, executive director of the Association of Banana Exporters, said the agreement would allow them to recover a market share they had lost.
Meanwhile, Jorge Serrano, chairman of the association, said that the Ecuadorian banana has lost competitiveness with bananas from Central America and Colombia.
The association also expects modifications on labor, energy, and environmental aspects, that would affect the sector's development, to be made in the medium term.
Publication date: 10/13/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: