Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuador: Banana producers want to regain 12% of the market
Banana producers expect to recover 12% of the market share that they lost in recent years due to the lack of a trade agreement with the European Union.
The announcement made by the Minister of Foreign Trade, Juan Carlos Cassinelli, regarding the signing of the agreement with the EU on November 11, raised the optimism of a sector that hopes to regain its leading role in the national economy.
Eduardo Ledesma, executive director of the Association of Banana Exporters, said the agreement would allow them to recover a market share they had lost.
Meanwhile, Jorge Serrano, chairman of the association, said that the Ecuadorian banana has lost competitiveness with bananas from Central America and Colombia.
The association also expects modifications on labor, energy, and environmental aspects, that would affect the sector's development, to be made in the medium term.
Publication date: 10/13/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: