Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru: Exports of organics continue to increase
Exports of organic products have continued their upward trend, posting a 17% increase between January and July, compared to the same period last year, said Guillermo Flores, Director of the Peruvian Association of Exporters—Adex.
“Despite the complex situation revolving around some crops, demand for Peruvian organic products is in constant growth,” he noted.
The most demanded products are bananas, cocoa, quinoa, maca and mangoes, Flores said at the opening of VIII International Convention of Organic Products, held on the sidelines of Expoalimentaria fair.
Flores said new potential export markets have emerged, such as South Korea, Japan and Australia.
“Organic product supply refers to ancient products, mostly rich in nourishing properties, which are commonly consumed in Peru and have begun to gain popularity in international markets,” he said.
Organic shipments amounted to US$370 million in 2015, a 4% increase from 2014.
The principal products are organic coffee, quinoa, cocoa and bananas. “Figures illustrate their great chances in the world,” he emphasised.
Publication date: 9/29/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: