Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Angolan company to start banana exports to Europe
From October, Angolan company Novagrolider plans to start exporting 200 tonnes of bananas a week to Portugal, Spain and France, the company’s chief executive João Macedo said in Luanda.
Novagrolider produces 150,000 tons of various products annually and on a monthly basis exports about 70 tonnes of bananas to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). According to the CEO these amounts are below the company’s potential.
With an investment of about US$200 million, Novagrolider has production areas in the provinces of Kwanza Sul, Bengo and Luanda and will expand its structure to the provinces of Huíla and Cunene, with the production of fruit and vegetables.
Minister of Trade Fiel Constantino said that Angola has started to replace imports of some products and is now starting to export others, and promised government support in creating a supply chain to enable economic agents to expand their business and improve agricultural yields.
Publication date: 7/18/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: