Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Angolan company to start banana exports to Europe
From October, Angolan company Novagrolider plans to start exporting 200 tonnes of bananas a week to Portugal, Spain and France, the company’s chief executive João Macedo said in Luanda.
Novagrolider produces 150,000 tons of various products annually and on a monthly basis exports about 70 tonnes of bananas to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). According to the CEO these amounts are below the company’s potential.
With an investment of about US$200 million, Novagrolider has production areas in the provinces of Kwanza Sul, Bengo and Luanda and will expand its structure to the provinces of Huíla and Cunene, with the production of fruit and vegetables.
Minister of Trade Fiel Constantino said that Angola has started to replace imports of some products and is now starting to export others, and promised government support in creating a supply chain to enable economic agents to expand their business and improve agricultural yields.
Publication date: 7/18/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: