Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fruit, veg potential
Danish export delegation visits Kenya
This week, Denmark's environment and food minister Esben Lunde Larsen is in Kenya as part of a Danish export delegation, which aims to gain a foothold in the country and boost its ability to produce more fresh fruit and vegetables. Larsen has signed a co-operation agreement with Kenya to improve food security in the African nation.
“Kenya has considerable potential as a food-producing and food-exporting nation, and it’s positive that we can help contribute with Danish expertise in a growing market,” said Larsen.
In the World Bank’s most recent Ease of Doing Business Index, Kenya shot up 28 spots on the global rankings, attesting to the nation’s significant growth potential and its relevance as a regional trade hub in east Africa.
Danish companies have been quick to identify this potential and the increasing numbers of Danish companies which are active in Kenya exported Danish goods to the tune of 222 million kroner in 2014.
Larsen is also taking part in the UN Environment Assembly (UNEA), held in Nairobi from May 23-27, along with hundreds of other international delegates and ministers.
Publication date: 5/26/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: