Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “Everything called tomatoes is currently selling at bad prices in the Netherlands”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Mucci Farms gears up for growth with new private equity partnership
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US(WA): Rainer Fruit apples and the Boston Marathon partnership a success
Apples occupied a sweet spot at this year’s Boston Marathon.
Over 95,000 apple samples from Rainer Fruit of Selah, Washington were provided during the race and throughout pre and post race festivities. The samples included the company’s Rising Star varieties such as Lady Alice®, Organic Honeycrisp, Organic Pink Lady®.
“This was the biggest consumer event we’ve ever done,” exclaimed Aaron DeHerrera of Rainer Fruit, who traveled to the East Coast for the race.
Rainer Fruit partnered with retailers and food service companies in the region such as Costco, Whole Foods Markets®, U.S. Foods and Star Markets.
“This was a key element, after people sampled the apples, they also found out where they could immediately go to purchase the fruit for themselves,” explained DeHerrera, adding that they also fielded a lot of questions from runners regarding how to get the fruit once back home.
“A lot of people asked where they could get the apples in their area, as 73 percent of Boston Marathon race participants come from outside the state of Massachusetts.”
While bananas are often mainstays at running events, DeHerrera indicated that many runners were surprised to see the apples which were offered at such places as the check-in desk at area hotels, at the pre-marathon runner’s dinner, at the athlete’s village at the start of the race, at the finish line and within the race goody bags.
Rainer Fruit has a three-year commitment as the Official Apples of the Boston Marathon, something the fresh fruit company is thrilled to be a part of, according to DeHerrera.
“This is a unique way to support the healthy running lifestyle and help runners be successful, I can’t reiterate how exciting it was to be a part of this event. Some people have worked their whole lives to be part of this race.”
Mark Zirkle, President of Rainier Fruit added that the partnership between the Boston Marathon and Rainer Fruit was a natural fit.
“We have been in business for 128 years, and as a leading grower of both conventional and organic apples, pears, cherries and blueberries, it makes perfect sense for us to sponsor a legacy event like the oldest, most prestigious running event in the country, The Boston Marathon.”
For more information:
Rainier Fruit Company
+1 509 834 9649
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: