Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Bonduelle grows thanks to non-Europe marketsThe Bonduelle Group's turnover for quarter 3 of FY 2015-2016 stands at 471.8 million Euro, an increase of 3% on a like for like basis and therefore up by 2.8% for the first 9 months of this financial year. Based on reported figures, the aggregated turnover remains virtually unchanged (- 0.4%), with a slight growth observed over this quarter (+ 0.4%).
The Europe Zone activity experienced a slight decline over quarter 3. The national brands (Bonduelle, Cassegrain) performances were only partially offsetting a penalizing private label canned activity, due to the price decreases observed on 2015-2016 contracts, now effective and a slowdown in the delicatessen operating segment linked to historically high levels. The frozen operating segment in the food service sector bounced back with growth and recorded 3 consecutive months of sales volumes increase, despite an ever challenging consumption environment.
The Non-Europe Zone keeps contributing significantly to the growth of the group, up by + 12.-% on a like for like basis and by + 3.5% on reported figures for the 3rd quarter of this FY, with accumulated increase recording + 9.1% on a like for like basis*. On a reported basis, the zone's turnover remained stable despite a 45 million Euro adverse impact of exchange rates due mainly to the depreciation of the Russian rubble. Albeit still affected by an adverse consumption climate in Russia, the zone continues to be driven by the development of North America and the competitiveness of the American/Canadian dollar parity.
The Ardo and Bonduelle groups, leaders in processing frozen vegetables in Europe, finalized on the 15th of April 2016, the plan in which the Bonduelle Group is to sell to Ardo its equity stake (50%) held in the Ultracongelados de la Ribera (UCR) joint venture co-owned with Ardo, as announced on the 3rd of February 2016.
Ardo retroactively acquired all Bonduelle shareholding on the 1st of January 2016; along with the real estate assets of the site located in Valence, up to then property of Bonduelle. The sales of the interest, previously accounted by equity
method in the financial statements of the group, will result in a pre-tax net charge of 2 million Euro on the 30th of June 2016. This transaction will, however, have no impact on the group’s financial net debt.
The evolving business activity of these first 9 months, nevertheless allows, despite an ever demanding and volatile economic climate, to confirm the turnover growth objectives of 1.5% - 2.5% and a higher current operating profitability
than the previous FY at constant exchange rates for the 30th of June 2016.
Click here to read the full report.
Publication date: 5/5/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: