- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Procurement manager-buyer
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Spain: Cobella expects to harvest 150 tons of pomegranates in first commercial season
- Sweden’s fries could get shorter after hot summer
- Spain: Castellon will harvest nearly 15% more citrus
- Rain and hailstorms cause damage in Verona
- CHINA: Rising hopes for potato market in the second half of the year
Top 5 -last week
- Central & South America intent on Free Trade Agreements with Morocco
- US: Trader Joe’s salads & Mary’s Harvest wraps recalled
- Philippines: Davao expecting visits from Singapore & Malaysian businesses
- Walkers launches Brussels sprouts flavoured crisps
- Primland announces its recent IFS Broker certification
"Luscious Fresh: "We expect to export 400 tons"
China: Start of sugar snap, snow pea export season to Europe
“There are two moments a year when we supply the European market: from the end of April until the beginning of June and from October until Christmas. The other months there is sufficient local supply and supply from Egypt. This season we added a third term by successfully launching export to the UK from the end of January until mid-March.”
“At the moment we are busy preparing the upcoming export season. The European market is one of the most demanding markets in the world regarding food safety and quality. We realised that if we want to succeed on the European market, we had to invest in our production. We achieved Global GAP certification. In addition, we introduced regular laboratory controls and the publication of comprehensive reports on pesticide residue controls, which we share with our European buyers.”
Premium quality and an increase in yield
“We own two farms in Yunnan and Jiangsu, two provinces in the South of China. In addition, we source from farms in Guangdong, Yunnan, Jiangsu and Gansu province. All our sugar snaps and snow peas are harvested by hand. We carefully monitor weather conditions to decide on the right moment to start harvesting. Heavy frosts in January hit one of the sugar snap production sites in Yunnan from which we source our crop. Total yield at that site decreased dramatically by 50% to 60%. This has driven prices up earlier in the season. However, our own cultivation base in Yunnan has, ultimately, not experienced a lot of damage. Thankfully the harvest could start around the same time as it did last year and we are ready to send of our first shipments to Europe.”
“Jiangsu’s sugar snap and snow pea harvest is even ten days ahead of schedule. Yield has increased, and the quality is better than last year’s crop. In total, we estimate to export 400 tons to Europe this year. We ship both by air and sea fright. We supply different ports in Europe, including Rotterdam, Antwerp, Southampton, Felixstowe, Hamburg, etc... We deliver to both wholesalers and retailers.”
For more information:
Luscious Fresh Co Ltd
Luscious Fresh Co Ltd
T: +86 532 8091 4977
M: +86 158 5321 0151
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 Albania: “Poland and Holland have finally discovered our potential”
- 10/22/2018 “Mushrooms: wonderful products, but still so unknown”
- 10/22/2018 “Wild mushrooms continue to be special”
- 10/22/2018 Automation offers a future for mushroom production
- 10/22/2018 “Production oriented to demand is more profitable and responsible”
- 10/22/2018 "All of Europe on the market for cabbage"
- 10/22/2018 Outlook for the Sicilian aubergine campaign
- 10/22/2018 "We are harvesting mushrooms 365 days a year"
- 10/22/2018 "New ginger production season has begun, export volume is limited"
- 10/22/2018 "We are about to import asparagus from Melbourne, Australia"
- 10/19/2018 No export ban on Egyptian tomatoes
- 10/19/2018 "High demand for Peruvian ginger, especially from France"
- 10/19/2018 Spain: Garlic market paralyzed due to oversupply from China
- 10/19/2018 Growers in Morocco and Spain moving away from tomatoes
- 10/19/2018 Domestic okra ends even season
- 10/18/2018 Mushrooms a weapon in fight against global vitamin D shortage
- 10/18/2018 Belgium: "Beef tomatoes are gradually becoming a specialty"
- 10/18/2018 "Tropical storm Leslie does not cause damage to Spanish open field cultivation"
- 10/18/2018 Ukraine: Temperature fluctuations and strong demand push tomato prices up
- 10/18/2018 Asparagus: from Veneto to Australia