Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Table grape harvest expected to be good
Producers of table grapes in the Coast of Hermosillo and the Valley of Guaymas are getting ready for the 2016 harvest season. Table grapes from this areas are in high demand in international markets because of their excellent quality.
Juan Carlos Sierra Abascal, president of the Association of Users of the Coast of Hermosillo, said that the table grape harvest in the Coast of Hermosillo should begin the first days of May and a little earlier in Guaymas, where farmers were already harvesting grapes and vegetables.
"We expect to have a good harvest. It is too early to give a forecast of the crops, but right now producers are selling some presentations of green grapes that are not as full as in other years. We hope all the sprouts and clusters define well, so we can see how much fruit we'll have."
He also said they were waiting to see how much grape they could export this year. Despite the amount of rain there was months ago, green grape clusters had less grapes than in previous years. The plants did not respond as expected so producers were waiting to see how the sprouts would end up.
Sierra Abascal said the US market demanded the red grape variety the most, followed by green variety.
Last year, they produced 15 million cases worth $15 dollars each, a number they expect will increase this year and benefit this economic activity in the state.
Publication date: 3/17/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: