Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nigeria-Poland ag investment cooperation
During the Polish-Africa Economic Forum (POLAFRO) in Abuja, the Ambassador of Poland to Nigeria Andrzej Dycha stated that agriculture, which is the main source of growth in Poland, can be an engine for further cooperation between Poland and Nigeria.
“Nigeria has citizens with unique agricultural skills who can be a source of further growth and economic diversification with the technological experience of Poland, which we are willing to share with Nigeria.” Dycha said.
He noted that the Polish economy is growing at an annual rate of 4% since 2004 and that the export of agricultural products from Poland has grown from €5billion in 2004 to €22billion in 2014 while the inflation rate has declined from over 600% in 1990 to less than 1% at present.
Elaborating on the benefits of the new partnership for both countries, the former Polish MP and President of the African Institute, Hon. John Godson said that Nigeria, as the largest economy in Africa and 25th largest economy in the world, is perfect for such an investment opportunity.
Delivering the keynote speech, the Minister of Agriculture and rural development, Chief Audu Ogbeh said that agriculture is presently contributing to 22.3% of Nigeria's GDP with about 65% of Nigeria’s active population are engaging in it due to the dwindling oil sector.
Publication date: 2/8/2016
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: