- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
UK: Christmas sprout supply escapes strom damage
"We got off lucky this time. Our Brussels sprout harvesting is right next to the sea at this time of the year, so we are not greatly affected by the frost over the Christmas period," explained Blair.
In general the growing conditions around Berwickshire and the borders where Drysdales do most most of their growing have been favourable to those further south.
"Drysdales sprouts are looking very good this year, however as with everyone else, the sprouts are looking bolder than normal, but it has not been as mild and wet here as in Lincolnshire," according to Blair.
Although Drysdales supplies sprouts year round from around 900 acres of land, more is sold in the week before Christmas than at any other time of the year, 1500 tonnes are sold in December, 500 of that in the week before Christmas.
"In general peeled sprouts are becoming more popular, but in the run up to Christmas the people who buy in that last week are one time a year buyers and are just looking for a big bag of sprouts," says Blair.
For more information:
Tel: +44 1368 830 448
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 From knife and boots to the excitement of the greenhouse
- 10/16/2018 Consistent supply of West Coast spinach
- 10/16/2018 “Short and interesting sweet potato season from the US”
- 10/16/2018 Argentina: 80% of tomatoes from Formosa lost due to Paraguay's blockade
- 10/16/2018 Swiss lamb's lettuce season picks up speed
- 10/16/2018 ''Great development potential for novel lettuce variety Chicarita''
- 10/16/2018 China: Increase of 1-3 yuan for "people's vegetables" in Xiamen
- 10/16/2018 "Current Chinese garlic price slightly lower than same time last year"
- 10/16/2018 Artichoke grower launches fall promotion program
- 10/16/2018 Pumpkin production continues to roll strong
- 10/16/2018 Tomatoes NZ agroecology projects hoping to reduce the need for pest-reducing chemicals
- 10/15/2018 US: Demand for bell peppers on the rise
- 10/15/2018 “Watercress - a power food for all seasons”
- 10/15/2018 China: Peppers in abundance
- 10/15/2018 China: Red choy sum on the market one month early
- 10/15/2018 China: How will bumper harvest of leeks affect the price?
- 10/15/2018 Baja green bean supplies to be short after Hurricane Rosa
- 10/15/2018 Israeli cucumbers more expensive due to viruses
- 10/15/2018 US: Pueblo County farmers rush to pick green chilli peppers
- 10/12/2018 ''We hope German food retailers will soon start selling these nutritious legumes ''