Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Exchange ratesmore »
Wellpak launches first resealable punnets for berriesWellpak, a leading supplier of fresh produce from around the world, is today launching a new product line: the resealable Ezo Punnet for berries. No other product like the Ezo Punnet is being used to pack berries in the UK, making today’s launch a milestone in fresh produce packaging.
As well as providing a point of difference for retailers in an ever more competitive marketplace, due to its unique combination of features, the Ezo Punnet is also the best and most hygienic way to store berries in the fridge.
It is resealable multiple times, even when frozen. It’s stackable, unlike traditional fruit punnets, which tend to crumple, leaving berries in an unusable mess. It’s also non-spill and entirely sealed, which eliminates the risk of contamination by other fridge contents, including raw meat and poultry.
This combination of features means berries boxed in an Ezo Punnet will look, feel and taste fresher for longer, leading to less waste. And food waste is a major issue in the UK, with the average family wasting almost £60 a month by throwing away almost an entire meal a day (Love Food, Hate Waste, 2015).
The Ezo Punnet will be packed by Wellpak’s service partner Ackio, a specialist, highly-automated fruit packer already renowned for its unique configuration of leading-edge technologies. Together they are strong on procurement, supply, and packaging, presenting a simple, seamless and scalable solution to retailers.
Wellpak’s Sales Director, Simon Lane, said: ‘There is no other product like the Ezo Punnet being used to package berries in the UK. As the first of its kind, it’s a considerable innovation. When this design was used to package cheese in the US, sales shot up, so we’re excited to see the impact the Ezo Punnet will have on berry sales here in the UK.’
Wellpak’s Ezo Punnets are available to retailers now.
For more information:
Tel: +44 7779 247508
Publication date: 12/2/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: