- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Small sized crop due to summer droughts
New Shandong ginger harvest yield -20%
Mrs Ricai Dong, the director of Anqui Sanhui Foods
According to Mrs Dong, there has been growing concerns about food safety in China. As a result, stricter food safety measurement have implemented. Farmers can only buy pesticides from designated government dealers. To make sure that the ginger does not exceed the Maximum Residue Limit (MRL), the food safety authorities conduct regular controls. Ginger will be destroyed whenever it does not meet the MRL. Because of stricter controls implemented this season, no food safety incidents have been reported so far. Organic ginger is becoming more popular in China and acreage has been increasing in recent years. Anqiu Sanhui Foods has its own organic ginger production base, designed for export to the EU.
New ginger crop being harvested near Anqui City, Shandong Province
Ginger prices vary according to different MRL requirements implemented to supply different export markets. Currently, ginger designated to the European market is selling at 5 Yuan (€0.80) per kilogram, which is lower than last season's price. This price is expected to increase once the market is realising that overall yield is smaller than last year.
The city of Anqui is one of the biggest ginger export bases in China. Of the exported crop, 40% is shipped to the Middle East, 20% to Europe, 15% to Japan and Korea, 15% to the US and Canada and 10% to markets in Southeast Asia.
Selection and packaging of the 2015 ginger crop at the facility of Anqiu Sanhui Foods
For more information:
Mrs Ricai Dong
Anqiu Sanhui Foods Co., Ltd.
Contact number: +86 536 4642717
Mobile: +86 13853607518
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-19 "Fig market grows generically"
- 2018-11-19 Kiwis grown on Dutch soil
- 2018-11-16 Peru: 2018, the worst year for Hass avocado exports
- 2018-11-16 Russian cucumber and gherkin production up by 14%
- 2018-11-16 Goldenberries are the real superfood, says South African producer with big European plans
- 2018-11-16 Drought in India casts shadow on pomegranate exports from Pune
- 2018-11-16 Mexico: Producers and authorities want a designation of origin for Michoacan's avocado
- 2018-11-16 Spain: Good prospects for Huelva's avocado campaign
- 2018-11-16 Peru prepares a training program to boost avocado exports
- 2018-11-16 India and Peru to discuss FTA in New Delhi next month
- 2018-11-15 China: Price of wax gourds increased
- 2018-11-15 Brazil authorizes entry of Peruvian pomegranates
- 2018-11-15 Costa Rica: Avocado producers and Government prepare National Avocado Plan
- 2018-11-15 Spain: Pitaya cultivation gaining ground in Malaga
- 2018-11-15 China: Pomelo price drops by over 60%
- 2018-11-15 California bitter melon still on the move
- 2018-11-15 “Sales will start when the Greek kiwifruit is out of the market”
- 2018-11-14 "We have been able to reconcile the parts that make up this great industry"
- 2018-11-14 Colombian exotic fruits for European markets
- 2018-11-14 Zespri extending its season of SunGold kiwifruit