Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Giorgio Spinetti (Top Melon)
Italy: Canary yellow melons available September and October"Our melon campaign will continue throughout September and October with canary yellow melons, which will replace the netted varieties. 2015 has been quite positive - it started slow because of the delay on the early varieties but June and July were good due to the hot temperatures, which supported consumption. Demand decreased in August, leading to lower prices, but they did not affect the campaign," explains Giorgio Spinetti, owner of Top Melon with his brother Gianni (in the photo below).
Left to right: Marco, Giorgio, Gianni and Chiara Spinetti. Marco and Chiara are Giorgio's children and work for Top Melon.
"We finally had a hot summer with little rain. It helped consumption as well as improving the quality of the fruit."
"I am noticing a continuous improvement in the varieties we are introducing and I expect they will soon replace the ones we are cultivating now. These melons have a better shelf-life, appearance and taste, which might lead to an increase in consumption. This in fact generally depends on the quality of the fruit rather than on the prices, as the product is generally quite cheap."
Voc. Caselle, 286/A
06059 Pantalla di Todi (PG) - Italy
Ph.: (+39) 075 888712
Fax: (+39) 075 8741669
Author: Raffaella Quadretti
Publication date: 9/3/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: