Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
Randolf Aaldijk, Origin Fruit Direct:
"Good prices of South African citrus"
The sales of South African citrus are going exceptionally well at the moment. "You can see that the export is being regulated far better. South Africa has also opened a lot of different markets in recent years, and this trend is continuing unhindered this year," says Randolf Aaldijk of Origin Fruit Direct. "On the other hand the EU remains an important market for South Africa. The South African producers like to keep Europe in. We are a reliable buyer and they could lose a lot of trade with us."
"Without a doubt the prices are at a good level," says the importer. "The mandarin season will be followed by late Nadorcott, Orri's and Mor in a few weeks. We are now at the end of the Navels and the first Valencia types and Navel Late are starting to arrive."
"The Black Spot measures continue to hover over the market like the sword of Damocles. Personally I think it's admirable how much time, money and effort the South African growers are investing to control Black Spot, because it's not easy for them with all those conditions," says Randolf. He looks towards the next few weeks positively. "The earnings are a lot lower an the exchange rate of Euro-Rand is still reasonably favourable."
For more information:
Origin Fruit Direct
3029 BP Rotterdam
Tel.: 0031 (0)10 244 93 00
Fax: 0031 (0)10 478 39 66
Publication date: 7/27/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: