- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Large European Nergi kiwiberry crop expected
“With over a million packs, we think NERGI will be the star of the snacking section and fruit displays at the start of autumn,” said Jean-Pierre Caruel of SOFRUILEG. “With over 150 hectares of orchards, mainly in France but also in Portugal, Italy and the Netherlands, we expect to reach one million sales units this year and two million by 2016.” This year's harvest will begin at the end of August and run through November. This is the third year the product has been available, and the response from consumers has been very good.
“Nergi has been a huge success with young city dwellers in search of a healthy snack because it's only 52 calories per 100-gram serving,” said Caruel. “Moms also like it because it's a convenient, healthy snack for children, and seniors like it because it's rich in fiber and has a good balance between taste and nutrition.” It's taste is a unique mix of acidity and sweetness, its thin skin makes it easy to eat, and because it's small, it's a convenient on-the-go item. The main target markets are France, Italy, Germany, Benelux and the United Kingdom.
“Rich soil and a temperate climate are crucial to attaining the signature Nergi taste, and that's why SOFRUILEG has chosen its production areas carefully.” NERGI, is sold by 3 companies : PRIMLAND based in FRANCE, FRUITWORLD based in NETHERLANDS and ORTOFRUIT ITALIA in Italy.
“What we really want is for the customer to find the same quality in Nergi no matter where it is bought or where it was produced,” said Caruel. “Therefore, we have strict specifications applied to production and packing stations right up to the moment it is dispatched to our clients. The sugar level, firmness and the general appearance of the berry are all regularly checked.” The fruit will be available in retail stores starting in September, and Nergi berries will be sold in 125 grams packets.
For more information:
Jean Pierre Caruel
Tel: +33 5 58 98 65 18
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-07-30 New US variety benefits Queensland strawberry grower
- 2015-07-29 UK : Waitrose sells French apricots
- 2015-07-28 Importance of Israeli premium stone fruit grows
- 2015-07-27 Turkish greengrocer renames religious plums
- 2015-07-24 Blueberries are booming
- 2015-07-23 Australian grown frozen berries 'go' from August
- 2015-07-22 Large European Nergi kiwiberry crop expected
- 2015-07-21 "The huge pressure on stonefruit prices is not justified"
- 2015-07-20 UK: Victoria blackberries pegged as 'game changer'
- 2015-07-17 "Apricots to become far less profitable in coming years"
- 2015-07-16 "Start of blueberry season a lot better than last year"
- 2015-07-14 Austria: Container- blueberry cultivation increases production
- 2015-07-13 "Investment recovered with the second harvest"
- 2015-07-09 "Taste only added value combined with marketing"
- 2015-07-08 REO Veiling grows in strawberries and other softfruit
- 2015-07-08 US most important market Mexican soft fruit
- 2015-07-07 US (CA): Peach prices low despite low volumes
- 2015-07-06 Mexico: Irapuato promoted as Strawberry Capital of the World
- 2015-07-03 "Stonefruit going well, prices not high"
- 2015-07-02 Mexico: No market for Michocan blackberry