Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Amaize Sweet Corn returns to supermarket shelvesAmaize™ Sweet Corn (Amaize), a rare white sweet corn known for its incredible sweetness and perfect crunch, returns for a limited time exclusively at select retailers across the U.S.
Amaize was discovered in 1989 by two breeders at Crookham Company, George Crookham and Bruce Hobdey. The pair began working on perfecting the taste and texture of Amaize after experiencing a type of corn with a pop and crunch that differentiated itself from the textures of other corns, which tended to get mushy when cooked. Using non-GMO breeding methods, they perfected Amaize after 22 years and 10,000 variations of testing and introduced Amaize to the public in 2011 to strong consumer enthusiasm.
“Amaize is our best product and it wins consumers over every season,” said George Crookham, CEO of Crookham Company. “It is also a great category driver and we continue to see the program grow.”
Since Amaize’s introduction, the program has grown significantly with more participating retail locations year after year. Amaize will be supported at retail this year with an extensive marketing program, which includes point of sale signage, in-store demos, public relations outreach, blogger outreach and packaging where sold in pack.
Arriving just in time for the summer, the sweet and crunchy Amaize Sweet Corn will be available for a limited time now at select retailers through September and is sold exclusively in select stores and market areas.
Visit www.crookham.com to learn more.
Publication date: 6/19/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: