Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Greenyard gives first estimate of financial impact of recent recall
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Tsunami hits Mallorca and Menorca
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Amaize Sweet Corn returns to supermarket shelvesAmaize™ Sweet Corn (Amaize), a rare white sweet corn known for its incredible sweetness and perfect crunch, returns for a limited time exclusively at select retailers across the U.S.
Amaize was discovered in 1989 by two breeders at Crookham Company, George Crookham and Bruce Hobdey. The pair began working on perfecting the taste and texture of Amaize after experiencing a type of corn with a pop and crunch that differentiated itself from the textures of other corns, which tended to get mushy when cooked. Using non-GMO breeding methods, they perfected Amaize after 22 years and 10,000 variations of testing and introduced Amaize to the public in 2011 to strong consumer enthusiasm.
“Amaize is our best product and it wins consumers over every season,” said George Crookham, CEO of Crookham Company. “It is also a great category driver and we continue to see the program grow.”
Since Amaize’s introduction, the program has grown significantly with more participating retail locations year after year. Amaize will be supported at retail this year with an extensive marketing program, which includes point of sale signage, in-store demos, public relations outreach, blogger outreach and packaging where sold in pack.
Arriving just in time for the summer, the sweet and crunchy Amaize Sweet Corn will be available for a limited time now at select retailers through September and is sold exclusively in select stores and market areas.
Visit www.crookham.com to learn more.
Publication date: 6/19/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: