- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- USDA cites G K Produce Inc. in Pennsylvania for PACA violations
- Omni-channel retailing opens floodgates of produce marketing issues
- UK: New location for Birmingham's wholesale market officially opened
- Baltic Rail: Container trains to Eastern Europe to increase
- Onion market and crop update for October 11, 2018
Top 5 -last week
Turkish greengrocer renames religious plums
According to Kayseri resident and greengrocer Caner Topuz, the name ‘Priest Plum’ made people uncomfortable so it was changed to the ‘Imam Plum’. They have been sold under the name of ‘Imam plums’ for almost two years. Topaz said:
“At the request of our customers, and because it made us uncomfortable, we changed the name from ‘Priest’ to ‘Imam’. It attracted the attention of citizens. We’ve had positive responses. Rumour has it that the plum, grown in central Anatolia, wasn’t actually called ‘Papaz’ (priest) but ‘Tapaz’, but this changed over time and people started saying ‘Papaz’. So we changed the name, to Imam.
Greengrocer Topuz, said that customers like the taste of the Imam plum, “The Imam plum is sweeter, tastier” he joked. The ‘Imam Plum’ sells for €1.60 a kilo.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2015-07-30 New US variety benefits Queensland strawberry grower
- 2015-07-29 UK : Waitrose sells French apricots
- 2015-07-28 Importance of Israeli premium stone fruit grows
- 2015-07-27 Turkish greengrocer renames religious plums
- 2015-07-24 Blueberries are booming
- 2015-07-23 Australian grown frozen berries 'go' from August
- 2015-07-22 Large European Nergi kiwiberry crop expected
- 2015-07-21 "The huge pressure on stonefruit prices is not justified"
- 2015-07-20 UK: Victoria blackberries pegged as 'game changer'
- 2015-07-17 "Apricots to become far less profitable in coming years"
- 2015-07-16 "Start of blueberry season a lot better than last year"
- 2015-07-14 Austria: Container- blueberry cultivation increases production
- 2015-07-13 "Investment recovered with the second harvest"
- 2015-07-09 "Taste only added value combined with marketing"
- 2015-07-08 REO Veiling grows in strawberries and other softfruit
- 2015-07-08 US most important market Mexican soft fruit
- 2015-07-07 US (CA): Peach prices low despite low volumes
- 2015-07-06 Mexico: Irapuato promoted as Strawberry Capital of the World
- 2015-07-03 "Stonefruit going well, prices not high"
- 2015-07-02 Mexico: No market for Michocan blackberry