Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
San Miguel invests 4.5 Million dollarsSan Miguel, the multinational company which leads in the citrus industry has incorporated on its plant in Famaillá (Tucumán province) a new electronic system of extraction of essential oil. This strong investment of around 4.5 million dollars, will allow San Miguel to increase its production capacity and its processed fruit performance, as well as representing a relevant environment improvement.
The biggest capacity of extraction that this new system offers will represent a 13% rise on the amount of lemon oil extracted per fruit. Moreover, this new extraction system will improve the final product quality, which is highly demanded by the food and drinks industry worldwide.
Through this modern implementation, savings in water amount will be significant. Contrasting with the previous technology, where 680 water litters per tonne milled were used, now 260 liters per ton will be employed, which represents a 61% of savings.
All this is possible thanks to the closed circuit of the machine that will allow the recirculation of this resource and as a direct consequence, effluents flows due to this process will decrease .
Based on these benefits we can ensure that the new technology not only will make the process more efficient but also will contribute to the sustainable management of the company. The expected production will also represent a rise on exportations, estimating an increase of 63.5 million dollars per year.
San Miguel is the main citrus-exporting company of Argentina and through its 60 years of career has consolidated itself as a leading company in the market, standing out for its innovation and operative capacity with a strong commitment to sustainability.
You can download photos in this LINK.
About San Miguel
San Miguel is the leading company of production and distribution of fresh citrus and processed foods from different origins in the Southern Hemisphere (Argentina, Uruguay and South Africa).
It supplies customers from over 50 countries.The company, founded in 1954 in Tucumán, is constantly expanding its range, developing new products and adding value at every stage of the production process, with Sustainability as a priority throughout its operation.
For more information: www.sanmiguelglobal.com
Publication date: 4/28/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: