Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
San Miguel invests 4.5 Million dollarsSan Miguel, the multinational company which leads in the citrus industry has incorporated on its plant in Famaillá (Tucumán province) a new electronic system of extraction of essential oil. This strong investment of around 4.5 million dollars, will allow San Miguel to increase its production capacity and its processed fruit performance, as well as representing a relevant environment improvement.
The biggest capacity of extraction that this new system offers will represent a 13% rise on the amount of lemon oil extracted per fruit. Moreover, this new extraction system will improve the final product quality, which is highly demanded by the food and drinks industry worldwide.
Through this modern implementation, savings in water amount will be significant. Contrasting with the previous technology, where 680 water litters per tonne milled were used, now 260 liters per ton will be employed, which represents a 61% of savings.
All this is possible thanks to the closed circuit of the machine that will allow the recirculation of this resource and as a direct consequence, effluents flows due to this process will decrease .
Based on these benefits we can ensure that the new technology not only will make the process more efficient but also will contribute to the sustainable management of the company. The expected production will also represent a rise on exportations, estimating an increase of 63.5 million dollars per year.
San Miguel is the main citrus-exporting company of Argentina and through its 60 years of career has consolidated itself as a leading company in the market, standing out for its innovation and operative capacity with a strong commitment to sustainability.
You can download photos in this LINK.
About San Miguel
San Miguel is the leading company of production and distribution of fresh citrus and processed foods from different origins in the Southern Hemisphere (Argentina, Uruguay and South Africa).
It supplies customers from over 50 countries.The company, founded in 1954 in Tucumán, is constantly expanding its range, developing new products and adding value at every stage of the production process, with Sustainability as a priority throughout its operation.
For more information: www.sanmiguelglobal.com
Publication date: 4/28/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: