Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Presence of African citrus psyllid in Galicia raises concerns in Murcia
Murcia's Councillor of Agriculture and Water, Adela Martínez-Cachá, held a meeting with officials of the Interprofessional Association of Lemon and Grapefruit (Ailimpo) to analyse the situation of the citrus sector due to concerns raised by the presence of the African citrus psyllid in some plantations in Galicia. "We have asked the Ministry to adopt and coordinate measures to prevent further control issues," said the Councillor. During the meeting, they also discussed other issues, such as the presence of CBS in citrus imports from South Africa and Argentina.
In this regard, the Councillor of Agriculture said that the Council "will maintain its control plan with the taking of samples in warehouses that can help detect the presence of diseases and prevent their spread while in storage."
Last year, checks were carried out at warehouses importing Argentinian lemons to check the quality and the possibility of entry of quarantine diseases, mainly Black Spot, with negative results in all samples.
Ailimpo also requested more severe controls to the Administration when it comes to traceability in the use of pesticides.
Furthermore, it asked the Council to urge the Ministry to speed up the procedures regarding the protocols that may allow the export of Verna lemons to the United States. The Interprofessional also expressed concern about the enforcement of the food chain regulation in relation to the payment terms of the contracts.
Publication date: 4/1/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: