Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UC Davis Alumni Center on March 17-18, 2015
Felix Instruments exhibit at fruit ripening workshopFelix Instruments—Applied Food Science will exhibit its Ethylene Analyzers and Produce Quality Meter at the Annual Fruit Ripening & Ethylene Management Workshop at UC Davis Alumni Center on March 17-18, 2015. Register for the workshop and see Felix Application Scientists demonstrate the full Felix Instruments line, including the F-950 Handheld Ethylene Analyzer whose applications range from verification of ethylene mitigation systems and MAP packaging to citrus degreening. The F-950 Handheld Ethylene Analyzer instantly measures the three gases critical to fruit ripening: C2H4, CO2 and O2. Traditional respiration monitoring excludes the impact of ethylene, which even in small amounts speeds spoilage and decreases shelf-life.
“The F-950 can be scaled to use anywhere on the produce line, analyzing spaces as large as a shipping container or as small as a single bag of salad” notes Michael Larman, General Manager of Felix Instruments-Applied Food Science.
Workshop presenters including Dr. Marita Cantwell, Deirdre Holcroft, and Beth Mitcham will cover topics extending to ripening programs, biology of ethylene production, and tools to control ripening and senescence.
Felix Instruments is leading the way in produce quality and storage optimization. To learn more or to request a quote, please visit the website: www.felixinstruments.com.
For more information:
P: +1 360-833-8835 ext 208
F: +1 360-833-1914
Publication date: 3/16/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: