- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Good market in UK for Kenyan sweet potatoes
Guests were treated to a dinner of Kenyan sweet potatoes prepared by celebrity award-winning diaspora Kenyan chef Dipna Anand and her father Gulu Anand who owns the Brilliant Restaurant.
The event’s host and organiser, Perez Ochieng’, CEO of Sahara Communities Abroad (Sacoma), said the event was part of her organisation’s initiative to effectively promote the access of Kenyan sweet potatoes and coffee to the UK and European Union markets and at the same time improve the lives of rural farmers.
Both she, and fellow director Sam Ochieng’, are confident that Sacoma’s efforts will open new markets for producers of high quality sweet potatoes from Kericho, Homa Bay and other parts of Kenya.
“This trade event was a catalyst to influence industry, consumers and policy makers and open up new business opportunities and promote investment in Kenyan agriculture,” she said. “We believe that existing business investment and market development opportunities are not yet fully exploited and are untapped. Opportunities exist for the Kenya sweet potatoes and coffee to secure a sizable portion of the UK and EU market.”...
Please click here to continue reading at spyghana.com.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Australia: Costa Adelaide Mushrooms expansion progressing at Monarto
- 09/19/2018 "Higher autumn prices won't compensate for poor eggplant season"
- 09/19/2018 Large pumpkins may be in short supply
- 09/18/2018 Shandong Lanling: Vegetable prices still have room to rise
- 09/18/2018 "Demand market for cabbage"
- 09/18/2018 New Zealand: Brisk weather brings cheaper broccoli
- 09/18/2018 Turkey: “Super” tomatoes from Igdir receive a lot of interest from Iran
- 09/17/2018 ‘Nigeria can earn $4 billion annually from mushroom exports’
- 09/17/2018 New dry garlic storage brings concerns
- 09/17/2018 China: Vegetable supply going up - but prices are falling
- 09/17/2018 Ghana: Actor John Dumelo makes money from own cucumbers
- 09/14/2018 Turkey: Tomato from Insuyu about to become a brand name
- 09/14/2018 UK couple growing vegetables the size of small adults
- 09/14/2018 Russia: Prices of high quality carrots on the rise
- 09/14/2018 Organic Wisconsin dairy turned to packaged Brussels sprouts
- 09/14/2018 Interest in East Coast squash pushes up while supplies tight
- 09/14/2018 Strong production leaves California lettuce market subdued
- 09/14/2018 Egypt: Agriculture Ministry to open new market for garlic in Indonesia
- 09/14/2018 Supporting vulnerable fruit producers in the Syrian Republic
- 09/14/2018 "Chinese going "gang busters" for Marron d'Or squash"