Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
By Deborah Meidan
Shelf life extends in fresh cutA long standing exhibitor at Fruit Logistica, Stepac, a part of DS Smith, Plastics Division is the manufacturer of Xtend® modified atmosphere / modified humidity freshness packaging solutions which is currently used in over 60 countries worldwide. StePac is pleased to unveil to the fresh produce industry two new exciting products: retail modified atmosphere packaging solutions for fresh cut vegetables and bulk modified atmosphere packaging for table grapes without sulfur pads.
“The results of applying Xtend modified atmosphere packaging technology to prolong the shelf life of fresh cut vegetables is very exciting”, says StePac’s Chief Technology Officer, Dr. Gary Ward, “We are seeing great results and the unique qualities of Xtend fresh cut retail packaging allow it to outsell that of competitor packed fresh cut vegetables in Brazil and Argentina.”
Engineered to meet the specific conditions needed for each produce item, Xtend Fresh Cut retail packaging is available for a variety of cut and leafy vegetables.
The specific climate of the grape growing regions of Peru have given rise to the development of Xtend bulk modified atmosphere packaging exclusive for Peruvian grapes as an alternative to using sulfur pads during long term storage and transportation. “Peruvian grape growers stand to benefit greatly by using Xtend packaging instead of sulfur pads since it reduces the occurrence of fruit bleaching and stem dehydration during typical supply chains from Peru. We expect this to be received favorably, especially in light of calls to ban the use of sulfur pads,” Says Dr. Gary Ward,” The packaging is now successfully being used in commercial shipments from Peru.”
The StePac team looks forward to meeting existing and prospective customers and business partners to share and discuss with them the use of StePac’s Xtend modified atmosphere/ modified humidity freshness packaging solutions and the opportunities that they provide.
Find us at Fruit Logistica Berlin from February 4-6 at the Messe Convention Center, Hall 3-2, booth C-21. To book a meeting, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Publication date: 1/19/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: