Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
La Linea Verde
Italy: Co-packers for fresh-cut and private label products
"La Linea Verde" was among the companies that contributed to creating the fresh-cut market in Italy in the 1990s. As usual, the company will take part In Fruit Logistica in Berlin (4-6 February 2015), Hall 7.2a, Stand B-04.
Giuseppe Battagliola, chairman (and co-founder with brother Domenico) of the company, gave an assessment of the past few years.
"Our company is well-established, with over twenty years of experience in the fresh-cut sector. Not only do we process fresh produce, but we also cultivate it in the majority of our farms. This way we can guarantee premium quality raw material every day."
In Italy, "La Linea Verde" is the reference co-packer for the retailer chain. "We have established more of a cooperative relationship so we are not 'merely' suppliers. Just think that over 40 private labels work with us."
"Quick processing is key for this sector. We are really convinced of this, so much so that we have invested a lot in R&D to improve our performances."
"Logistics is important too - maintaining the cold chain is crucial in preserving the quality and freshness of the products. La Linea Verde has a lot of experience, because it owns a refrigerated transport company consisting of around 100 trucks that deliver the products in Italy and Europe."
To those who still do not know the company, Battagliola would suggest "visiting our website www.lalineaverde.it! It is the place where we share our skills, structure and the way we work. There is also a virtual tour for operators that explains why we are the perfect partners to promote the fresh-cut market both in Italy and abroad."
2014 turnover: €195 million (€186 in 2013)
1 million packets produced every day
160 million of salad packets every year
61 production lines
40,000 sqm productive area
Find out more by visiting the company stand at Fruit Logistica in Berlin: Hall 7.2a, Stand B-04, where the company management will be happy to welcome you (click here to make an appointment).
For further info:
Publication date: 1/13/2015
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here