Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Organic citrus program enters peak seasonSutherland Produce Sales Inc., sales agent and distributor of organic fruit and vegetables, announced today the availability of lemons, grapefruit, Minneola and Orlando Tangelos from its long-time exclusive grower, packer and brand Rucker Homestead.
Rucker Homestead began packing lemons four weeks ago. Grapefruit was packed this week. The first crop of Minneola will be harvested in about ten days. Buyers can expect to begin loading right after Christmas into March with pricing comparable to last year.
“We have a great quality crop this year - - especially the Minneola’s - - nice size and fruit set,” said Odilon Anguiano, Organic Sales Manager for Sutherland Produce. “Promotional opportunities are welcomed now through January,” he added.
Because the Rucker Homestead farm is located in Southern California’s Coachella Valley, much of the drought conditions that have impacted farming in California’s Central Valley have had little effect on Rucker, which relies on the Colorado River for its main source of water. “Ideal growing conditions, consistent water supply, proper pruning and a focus on soil fertility has contributed to a Minneola crop that’s about 3X the fruit over last year,” said Bruce Rucker. “The colder nights forecast for next week will further develop the sugar content and color of our featured Minneola crop. Overall, we think buyers and their customers will be very pleased with this year’s citrus crop,” he concluded.
For more information:
Tel: +1 831.917.7321
Fax: +1 831.298.7017
Publication date: 12/16/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: