Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Garlic helps weight lossNutrition experts from the University of Florida find it essential and important for overweight people to consume daily as many products containing phytochemicals as possible. Such products help the body to resist metabolic disorders, obesity and cardiovascular diseases.
It is recommended to add rich in phytochemicals products to the personal diet, gradually one-by-one, without any abrupt change of the diet.
Consumption of plant products with phytochemicals prevents the body from harmful oxidation processes. In order to get sufficient amount of these protective elements, one should regularly eat fresh plant products, including herbs, fruit, vegetables, nuts and beans, - the experts explain.
Phytochemicals possess antioxidant properties and help the body to fight against free radicals. It is noted that the most effective phytochemicals are contained in garlic, tomatoes, soybeans and pumpkin.
Publication date: 11/3/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: