Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Sutherland Produce introduces new brand and website to support growth in organic sales
Sutherland Produce Sales Inc. (Sutherland Produce), sales agent and distributor of organic fruit and vegetables, formally announced today the addition of an industry veteran as Vice President of the company, the appointment of a CFO, and the launch of a new brand and website to support the continued growth of the 27-year old business.
Chris Ford joined the executive staff as Vice President responsible for Operations, Marketing and for the strategic planning, program development and overall management of the company’s growers. He brings to Sutherland over 20 years organic produce experience in various domestic and international procurement, management, marketing and sales roles. Mr. Ford previously held senior global produce buyer and management positions with Whole Foods Market since 2006.
In addition, after serving Sutherland Produce as an independent financial contractor for the past 16 years, Cindy Platko was permanently added as Chief Financial Officer. She brings over 30 years of financial and operations experience helping small, rapid-growth companies in all aspects of accounting, tax planning, office management and client relations.
“I am very excited to be expanding our management team with these two, very talented industry veterans,” said Bill Sutherland, President. “I have been involved in the organic industry from its earliest days. It’s very rewarding to see the steady, positive growth in consumer confidence and in the sales of organic produce. The addition of Chris and Cindy is yet another step in better serving our customers, our customers’ customers and the industry at large,” he concluded.
Among Mr. Ford’s first steps in directing the company’s marketing was to create a new, refreshed brand and website for the company. The new company logo takes on a clean, modern look while emphasizing its heritage of providing “Organically Delicious Produce Since 1987.” The new look and brand strategy was then carried forward into the development of the company’s first comprehensive website. Now online at www.sutherlandproduce.com, the site includes a historical perspective of Bill Sutherland’s role as one of the early industry pioneers who helped define, shape and establish the standards and laws that govern organic farming today. It also includes a summary of the growers Sutherland serves and the company’s current lineup of organic fruit and vegetables.
“I’m very pleased to bring new ideas and services with a retailer’s perspective to the table,” stated Mr. Ford. “With Bill’s great dedication, knowledge and history serving the industry, I’m very excited about the potential and where this company is headed,” he added.
About Sutherland Produce
Sutherland Produce is a privately-held sales agent and distributor of a wide variety of organic fruit and vegetables. The company was founded in 1987 by Bill Sutherland who is widely considered a true pioneer in organics. Today, the company serves customers ranging from small regional wholesalers and distributors to leading retailers like Whole Foods Market. Sutherland Produce is headquartered in El Cajon, California and has operations in Monterey County, San Joaquin Valley and Coachella Valley, California. It currently represents growers from Washington, Oregon, California and Mexico. It is the proud recipient of the prestigious “XXXX” Blue Book rating and a trading member since 2004.
For more information:
Publication date: 10/16/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: