Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Tunisia: Production of table grapes put at 137,000 tonsAccording to forecasts of the Ministry of Agriculture, harvest of table grapes for the 2013-2014 season is estimated at 137,000 tons against 132,000 tons last season.
The production of grapes for processing is estimated at 37,500 tons (270,000 hectolitres of wine). The average production of grape for processing has reached 35,000 tons in the last five years, i.e. the equivalent of 52,000 hectolitres of wine during the same period.
Still according to the same source, during the 2013-2014 growing season, the area planted in table grapes totalled 11,000 hectares (ha) of which 650 ha are irrigated and 4,500 ha dry. They are shared out between the governorates of Ben Arous, Nabeul, Bizerte, Manouba and Sidi Bouzid.
Publication date: 8/26/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: