Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Florida Firm recalls avocados for potential salmonella contaminationBrooks Tropicals LLC of Homestead, FL, is recalling 401 boxes of fresh green-skin avocados with a single Lot # 2610 because they may be contaminated with Salmonella. No illnesses have been associated with this recall, but the company said that it was being initiated as a precaution.
The potential for contamination was discovered by a routine FDA random lot sample taken on July 16, 2014, but the company said that positive analysis confirmed verbally by FDA was only received Aug. 6 (Brooks Tropicals announced the recall Aug. 8). The fruit was packed on July 15 and has about a 10-day shelf life.
Green-skinned avocados from the lot were distributed to a limited number of customers in Florida, New York, Illinois, Georgia and New Jersey. All customers shipped Lot # 2610 have been notified, and since the product was packed more than three weeks ago, no product should remain in the market. Any product that is remaining in the market channels with the Lot # 2610 should be disposed of immediately.
Brooks Tropicals stated that it is currently reviewing all policies and procedures associated with its food safety program to minimize any future occurrence.
Publication date: 8/13/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: