Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
The scientists of EU Project QUAFETY are waiting for you on tacler in JulyDear FreshPlaza readers and tacler users, we invite you to join us for 3 meetings in the month of July on the tacler platform (www.tacler.com) to learn more about the European project Quafety.
Quafety is a project regarding the quality and safety of fresh-cut products, coordinated by Prof. Giancarlo Colelli at University of Foggia. The project involves 14 partners, including 6 Universities, 2 research institutes and 6 SME: amongst them FreshPlaza, the partner for the circulation of information and results. For any further information you can visit the official website of the project: www.quafety.eu
The tacler platform will be used hold discussions with all fresh-cut fruit and vegetables industry stakeholders not involved in the project, on chosen topics that have been investigated in Quafety.
The first topics will be regarding the work done in work package 2, whose objective was to provide tools for the process control in fresh-cut industry, based on non-destructive measurements and evaluations aimed at improving the quality of the final product.
The meetings will be held every Friday from 14.00 to 15.00 (GMT + 2) on 11, 18 and 25 July 2014, as follows:
- Nutritional shelf life: effects of processing on nutritional markers (Universidade Católica Portuguesa and Nuvifruits – Dr. Manuela Pintado) - Friday 11 July, 14.00-15.00 (GMT+2)
- Predicting shelf life: using external and internal markers (University of Foggia- Dr. Maria Luisa Amodio) - Friday 18 July, 14.00-15.00 (GMT+2)
- Smelling shelf life: using volatiles to assess quality and shelf-life (Cardiff University and Markes – Dr. Hilary Rogers) - Friday 25 July, 14.00-15.00 (GMT+2)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here