Job offersmore »
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
- General Manager Latin America - Mexico
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
BayWa profits from Turners & GrowersThe fruit trade within the BayWa concern was very successful on the international markets in the first quarter of 2014, reports the German website Fruchthandel.de. The company profited from high sales amount from the ongoing fruit harvest in the Southern Hemisphere at New Zealand Turners & Growers Limited, in which BayWa has a majority interest. BayWa AG announced its figures in a presentation last Thursday.
In total a turnover of 115.8 million Euro was made within the fruit branch with stable prices in the first quarter. This is around the same level as last year (119 million Euro). But the EBIT couldn't beat that of last year. Due to the weak fruit harvest in Germany in the previous year and lower trade margins the EBIT in the branch is at 2.0 million Euro in the first quarter of 2014, which is around 1.9 million Euro lower than last year. But this result could improve over the course of the year with the aid of the fruit trade in the Southern Hemisphere. And according to the company higher harvest amounts are expected for the coming fruit harvest in Germany, which could benefit the branch until the end of the year
Publication date: 5/14/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: