Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
- “Drop in Turkish lira is making us a lot more money”
- “We recognize the different specifications our customers are looking for”
- California labor shortage drives container growing for berries
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maciej Milewski: "We aim to reach all of Europe with Merry Berry"
Poland: Milbor launches new blueberry juicesThe Polish company Milbor recently launched new fruit juices for its range marketed under the brand Merry Berry. Maciej Milewski points out that they have been active in the cultivation of blueberries for a very long time. The story began over 50 years ago, when the family started growing apples and pears. Since Maciej’s father discovered the huge potential that lies in blueberries, he decided to introduce the first blueberry plantation, and the acreage has continuously expanded ever since. Milbor is currently one of central Poland’s largest blueberry producers, and it is able to supply the fruit from July to September."
He explains that Milbor is also a supplier to large foreign supermarket chains in the UK, the Netherlands and Russia, as well as Polish wholesalers. “We aim to produce the best fruit and to achieve this we collaborate with specialists from the University of Warsaw. Through this connection, we are familiar with the best practices when it comes to blueberry cultivation and this ensures optimal quality."
The introduction of new juices started in January. "We deliver them all year round," says Maciej. "They are marketed under the brand Merry Berry and are available in three different flavours: 100% blueberry, blueberry/apple and blueberry/chokeberry. They contain 100% fruit from Polish producers and have no added flavouring or colouring. The juices are pasteurised and have thus a one year shelf life. Their sale started just a few months ago and it is working out well. We are currently focused on the Polish market, but already started discussions with distributors from England, the Netherlands, Russia and MENA countries. “Our goal is to reach all of Europe with our delicious natural juices."
For more information:
Falbogi Wielkie 18
09-142 Załuski, pow. Płoński, Poland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: