- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- General Manager Australia
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
India: Pomegranate arils moving into new markets
"We currently offer multiple packs. 125g punnets for the retail sector, 750g punnets for the hospitality and catering sector and bulk packs of more than 5kg for processors/juicing," explains Khivasara.
In India, the pomegranate harvest runs through the year, and for INI Farms the harvest for the European markets starts in November in the western and central parts of India.
"We have grown around 500 MT this year. The volumes are increasing as more of our farms come into production and we expect 1000 MT next year," said Khivasara.
This year the unseasonal hail storms and rains in India in the months of January and February led to significant crop loss in some belts of the producing region. INI Farm's shipment volumes to Europe were slightly affected by this.
Traditionally INI Farm's main markets have been Europe and the Middle East. However, they have now started shipping to Russia, Canada and South East Asia as well. "We will ship more volumes to these markets as our production ramps up, concludes Khivasara.
For more information:
Tel: +91 22 42600700
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 Spain: Mangoes from July to December if the right varieties are planted
- 10/16/2018 Two new varieties in the EAT ME fresh kit range
- 10/12/2018 PapaMango, the Sicilian mango
- 10/12/2018 Bali: Ready to export dragon fruits
- 10/11/2018 ‘Avo prices have hit their peak, supply continues to skyrocket’
- 10/11/2018 Greece: “Our aim is to double our kiwi capacity”
- 10/10/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/10/2018 Vietnamese farmers victims of dragon fruit price drop
- 10/10/2018 Mexico: Mango exports to the US decline due to the rains
- 10/10/2018 Which demographics differentiate Hispanic avocado shoppers from Non-Hispanics?
- 10/09/2018 Chapaya - palm fruit with a meaty edge
- 10/09/2018 AU: Papaya growers experiencing record crop this spring
- 10/08/2018 Vietnam’s Central Highlands encouraged to expand avocado farming
- 10/05/2018 "Currently not much money to be made with pineapples and limes"
- 10/05/2018 Colombia: Hass avocados, Limes, and pineapples for Peru
- 10/05/2018 Thailand: New Zealand avocado season takes off
- 10/05/2018 Avanza to debut in China
- 10/04/2018 "We were able to develop this traceability system thanks to our background as a mango grower in Australia"
- 10/04/2018 Overview of avocado pricing in the US
- 10/04/2018 “Mango market could be headed for a good end of the year”