Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Pomegranate arils moving into new marketsINI Farms are exporting their pomegranate arils for the second year. Kalpesh Khivasara from the company said that the main markets for the arils are Europe, New Zealand and Middle East. They will soon start to supply other regions such as South East Asia, Australia & USA. The arils are marketed under the Kimaye brand and sold as a premium product.
"We currently offer multiple packs. 125g punnets for the retail sector, 750g punnets for the hospitality and catering sector and bulk packs of more than 5kg for processors/juicing," explains Khivasara.
In India, the pomegranate harvest runs through the year, and for INI Farms the harvest for the European markets starts in November in the western and central parts of India.
"We have grown around 500 MT this year. The volumes are increasing as more of our farms come into production and we expect 1000 MT next year," said Khivasara.
This year the unseasonal hail storms and rains in India in the months of January and February led to significant crop loss in some belts of the producing region. INI Farm's shipment volumes to Europe were slightly affected by this.
Traditionally INI Farm's main markets have been Europe and the Middle East. However, they have now started shipping to Russia, Canada and South East Asia as well. "We will ship more volumes to these markets as our production ramps up, concludes Khivasara.
For more information:
Tel: +91 22 42600700
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: