Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Evlon Taste Saver has double advantage
The goal for food packaging is to safely deliver a product to consumers in the best condition possible. Evlon Taste Saver film, developed jointly by Cardinal Fresh and Bi-Ax International, fits the bill. Evon Taste Saver is all the more interesting because it is made from 100 percent natural and sustainably sourced plant material.
“A lot of packaging film used in the industry today is designed to extend shelf life, but one key differce of the Taste Saver packaging film is that fruits and vegetables come out crisper and more flavourful than with most other packaging,” said Helmut Leili of Cardinal Fresh, co-developer of the Taste Saver film. “No matter what fruits and vegetables we've tested over the past three years, we've gotten better flavour, which is critically important for consumers, and that's what differentiates us from other materials.” Like other bio films, the material works well with fresh produce because it acts like a second skin, regulating moisture and oxygen transmission. Leili cites the years of research and testing as the reason why Taste Saver film outperforms other materials.
“Helmut has done a lot of work in the produce area,” said Brad Harrow, sales and marketing manager for Bi-Ax. “He developed the film and its attributes using his extensive years in the business.” Getting a better, fresher product to consumers encourages them to make repeat purchases of fresh produce, which leads to healthier diet choices, noted Leili, and that's good for everyone. What's also good for everyone, he added, is the sustainable nature of the film.
One other unique feature of Evlon Taste Saver is the manufacturing process itself, developed and made proprietary by Bi-Ax International. After testing many other sources of plant-based films, Evlon came out on top for quality, appearance and taste, over and over again.
Taste Saver film is currently in use with several fresh produce lines and can be obtained from Bi-Ax International.
For more information:
+1 519 357 1818
+1 226 787 5320
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: