- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Cambodia: Khmer Organic & Heifer to build up organic agriculture
- Apple and stonefruit industry members encouraged by release of some plants, but still a way to go
- France: Onion producers invest in ultra modern factory
- Technical Brexit agreement on 15 November at the latest
- New internship toolkit available from Center for Growing Talent
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- "The French melon market has been in crisis for 10 years"
- Queensland strawberry industry calls for calm in wake of tampering issue
- Colombian woman arrested for coordinating shipments of cocaine hidden in fruit
- Kroger: same-store sales estimates missed and shares drop 11%
- Grower sues Miami competitor over hot-selling avo
By Dr. Nadav Nitzan
Inspection proves success of Xtend® packed produce
In December 2013, we visited Holland and inspected sea freight arrivals of Xtend® packaged fruits and vegetables. Galia melons arriving in StePac's new laser perforated Xtend® liners had excellent flavour, superb rind and seed cavity form and a vibrant internal colour. Similarly, passion fruits, packed in 2 Kg Xtend® packaging, arrived in excellent shape, retaining their unique taste and aroma.
In this inspection we also examined green onion shipments from Morocco for the first time in three years. As can be seen in the provided images, green onions packed in Xtend® retained their freshness and rich green colour without telescopic growth, curving, root regrowth or decay.
StePac believes that outcome of this inspection highlights the superior MAP performance that the Xtend® product-line provides their customers.
Please visit www.stepac.com for more information.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/25/2018 Mela Val Venosta renews its co-branding with Disney
- 09/25/2018 Shelf life extension packaging now available for meal kits
- 09/24/2018 Mela Val Venosta renews its co-branding with Disney
- 09/24/2018 France: Paprec Recyclage and Groupe Guillin speed up recycling of PET plastic food trays
- 09/21/2018 Small traders’ revenue drops as shoppers avoid plastic packaging
- 09/20/2018 HOFER discounter launches offensive to reduce packaging waste
- 09/18/2018 “Sorting Brussels sprouts optically halves staff needed”
- 09/18/2018 New wok and oven vegetable packs at Albert Heijn
- 09/17/2018 Turning waste products into bioplastics
- 09/17/2018 Waitrose to have loose fruit and vegetable plastic bags removed by spring 2019
- 09/13/2018 Plastic waste almost beats pricing
- 09/13/2018 Iceland to stop selling plastic-packaged bananas
- 09/13/2018 New packaging law applies starting 01.01.2019
- 09/13/2018 Sun World moves packing operations in-house
- 09/12/2018 Potatoes as potato packaging
- 09/12/2018 ''CartoPaper is the sustainable potato packaging for large packers''
- 09/11/2018 Alternative packaging for food made from palm leaves
- 09/06/2018 Are retailers relying too much on plastic packaging?
- 09/06/2018 Aldi announces next step in phasing out plastic packaging for fruit & veg
- 09/06/2018 New packaging solution for Sweet Heart grapes