Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
By Dr. Nadav Nitzan
Inspection proves success of Xtend® packed produceStePac's integrated post-harvest approach incorporates routine inspections of Xtend® packed produce arriving at receiving ports and importers facilities. This important service enables StePac to better monitor and follow up on the performance of Xtend® packaging and reassures customers that their produce is arriving in prime condition.
In December 2013, we visited Holland and inspected sea freight arrivals of Xtend® packaged fruits and vegetables. Galia melons arriving in StePac's new laser perforated Xtend® liners had excellent flavour, superb rind and seed cavity form and a vibrant internal colour. Similarly, passion fruits, packed in 2 Kg Xtend® packaging, arrived in excellent shape, retaining their unique taste and aroma.
In this inspection we also examined green onion shipments from Morocco for the first time in three years. As can be seen in the provided images, green onions packed in Xtend® retained their freshness and rich green colour without telescopic growth, curving, root regrowth or decay.
StePac believes that outcome of this inspection highlights the superior MAP performance that the Xtend® product-line provides their customers.
Please visit www.stepac.com for more information.
Publication date: 3/26/2014
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: