Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
QUAFETY EU Project partners will be at Fruit Logistica 2014 on next daysAfter 18 months of work QUAFETY partners have produced important results which are now being published and/or internationally disseminated.
A flyer (click here to download) on the most important results and news within the project will be available at Fresh Plaza BV and Agronomia Scarl stand during Fruit Logistica 2014 event in Berlin.
Following a short summary of main achievements.
- A model was developed for fresh-cut melons and rocket salad that, taking into account elapsed time, temperature, and atmosphere composition, can predict the nutritional and organoleptic quality in relation to the change in appearance.
- Molecular markers associated to leaf senescence in fresh-cut rocket were found and they can be used to screen initial quality and potential shelf-life of the product to be processed.
- Early detection of main pathogens in fresh-cut vegetables was made possible through an innovative approach, which gives reliable and sensibly faster results compared to standard methods, thus improving the efficiency of tracking contaminated products.
- Rocket and melon volatile profiles obtained with an innovative and practical method allowed to differentiate samples according to storage time and processing.
- A model to assess gas and water vapour permeability of several polymeric materials (including composite systems and micro-perforated films) was developed to provide information on barrier properties and therefore optimize packaging design for fresh-cut products, according to respiratory kinetics.
- An innovative method to treat produce washing water with ultrafiltration and ClO2 proved to increase sanitation efficiency and reduce water consumption, as a viable alternative to the use of sodium hypochlorite.
Project coordinator: Prof. Giancarlo Colelli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Project website: www.quafety.eu
OTHER DISSEMINATION CHANNELS:
Fresh Plaza (www.freshplaza.com/sector/109/quafety);
You Tube (www.youtube.com/channel/UCPRRa74oBFch8BMRXFWNPqA)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here