- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
StePac adds new film structure to portfolio
StePac has found that the new film is suitable for bulk packaging applications with a wide range of fresh produce items. In recent commercial trials with cantaloupe melons shipped from Brazil to Europe and the Far East, the unique properties of the film resulted in reduced sunken areas than in competitor’s packaging, an issue associated with excess weight loss in prolonged shipments. More favourable gas readings also resulted in less decay and higher firmness.
Cantaloupe melons in the new packaging design shipped from Brazil and inspected in Europe
One of the attractive properties of the new film is that it provides the required water vapour transmission rate for many bulk packaging applications at a lower thickness and therefore there is less environmental impact. Despite the lower thickness, the film is resistant to tear and puncture and has a high sealing strength.
Stepac is also gearing up to participate in Fruit Logistica Berlin, the fresh produce industry's largest trade show. "StePac is a global company with commercial activity in over 42 countries. Therefore, Fruit Logistica is the perfect venue for Stepac to speak directly with customers and cultivate new leads", says Assaf Shachnai, Stepac's VP Sales & Marketing, "Stepac has been a proud exhibitor at Fruit Logistica and other strategic global trade shows for years – it's important to us to be active members and at the forefront of our industry."
This year Stepac will be presenting newly developed pallet shrouds as well as the new film structure.
You can visit Stepac during Fruit Logistica Berlin in Hall 25, booth A04. "We are already scheduling meetings for the show, to arrange yours, send us an email to email@example.com - looking forward to seeing you there!"
For more information:
Tel: +972 (0)4 6123514
Fax: +972 (0)4 9872946
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-19 Change in thinking needed in the fresh produce chain: From Fork to Field
- 2018-11-16 WRAP signposts way towards sustainable use of plastics
- 2018-11-16 San Lucar meets cinema's ''The Grinch'
- 2018-11-14 “We help companies not represented in Asia minimize losses when their produce is rejected”
- 2018-11-14 UK firms makes new labels that track produce as it spoils
- 2018-11-14 Emma Sicher makes packaging from fermented bacteria and yeast
- 2018-11-13 UK: Should plastic-free packaging for fresh fruit and veg be mandatory?
- 2018-11-13 Packaging Automation announce major plans to support rapid growth
- 2018-11-08 'Premium berries should be offered in appropriate convenience packaging'
- 2018-11-08 Bio-Kette launches innovative cellulose fruit and vegetable nets
- 2018-11-07 Study: Extending shelf life of fresh produce by up to 4 days
- 2018-11-06 Canada: P.E.I. bag company sees plastic bag ban approaching
- 2018-11-02 "Reduction of packaging already a focus in breeding"
- 2018-11-02 Packaging in South Africa
- 2018-11-02 UK: Two Farmers - 100% compostable crisp bag
- 2018-11-01 Packing fresh produce in cardboard trays with top seal
- 2018-10-31 Polymer Logistics launches a container especially designed for plantains and bananas
- 2018-10-31 Eagle Packaging rebrands as EndFlex
- 2018-10-30 Brits fight plastic pollution with tea bags made of bananas
- 2018-10-30 UK’s Pipers Crisps wants to reduce waste