- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
- Verkoper Groothandelsmarkten - Rotterdam
- Procurement Executive - Middle East
- Experienced export manager looking for new opportunities
- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Black raspberries may fight bowel cancer
The North American berries are a more intensely flavoured variety and are rich in antioxidants (disease-fighting compounds).
Previous studies have suggested that eating black raspberries regularly could reduce the risks of bowel cancer.
In a new study, the Medical College of Wisconsin tested the berries on mice with ulcerative colitis (an inflammatory condition that’s a possible precursor to bowel cancer).
One group of mice was fed black raspberries, another were put on a normal diet, and ulceration in the colon was measured (an indicator of the risk of cancer).
The results found the berries prevented ulceration by blocking the signals that instruct healthy cells to become malignant.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-16 ‘Regular vegetable intake keeps heart healthy’
- 2018-11-16 Nutritionists point at amazing property of avocado
- 2018-11-16 New technology takes 87% of sugars out of fruit juice
- 2018-11-16 Eating green vegetables helps prevent fall injuries
- 2018-11-14 Health benefits of eating black grapes with seeds
- 2018-11-13 Resistant germs: Can raw food and lettuce be health risks?
- 2018-11-13 Fight disease with an anti-inflammatory diet
- 2018-11-13 A healthy alternative to antibiotics
- 2018-11-12 Grapefruits – 5 health benefits
- 2018-11-01 ‘There is a link between eating fruit & veg and risk of asthma and allergies”
- 2018-10-26 Hass Avocado Board participates in FNCE 2018
- 2018-10-23 Seed researcher and producer raises money in heart and stroke walks
- 2018-10-17 Who needs botox?
- 2018-10-12 The Chiquita blue sticker turns pink for a good cause!
- 2018-10-11 Omani women use cherimoya to develop remedy against hair loss
- 2018-10-11 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 2018-10-08 80% of retailers rally together to drive up veg consumption in UK
- 2018-10-02 Pumpkin donuts for Halloween
- 2018-09-25 Fruity beauty: Use of fruit in personal care products increases 10.7%
- 2018-09-19 ‘Agroecology can feed Europe pesticide-free in 2050’