Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Pantone, announces “Radiant Orchid” as the colour of the year for 2014
Frieda’s ‘Power of Purple’ on trend for 2014Frieda’s Speciality Produce gets a boost for the “Power of Purple” movement when the global authority on colour, Pantone, announces “Radiant Orchid” as the colour of the year for 2014.
According to Pantone, a provider of professional colour standards for the design industries, “an enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.” Each year, Pantone polls designers around the world and watches the trends in fashion, graphic design, industrial design, manufacturing, retail, and even entertainment to pick the “It” colour for the year.
“Purple pigments in fruits and vegetables pack antioxidants and are visually exciting. No wonder it’s the colour of health and joy!” said Karen Caplan, president and CEO of Frieda’s. “It is fascinating that Pantone picked Radiant Orchid for 2014. More than ever, shoppers will be looking to add more purple to their wardrobes and onto their plates! Frieda’s is here to help retailers answer that demand.”
Purple produce is eye-catching in the produce department. Frieda’s encourages produce merchandisers to take advantage of the Color of the Year announcement by creating an exciting and attractive display that will encourage shoppers to buy healthy purple produce.
Frieda’s suggests purple destination displays include the following items: Stokes Purple® Sweet Potato, Purple Kale, Purple Kohlrabi, Baby Purple Potato, Purple Cauliflower, Chinese Eggplants, Passion Fruit, and Mangosteen.
For more information:
Tel: +1 714-733-7660
Publication date: 12/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: