Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Syngenta to sell US fresh produce businessSyngenta announced today that it has signed an agreement to sell its Dulcinea Farms business to Pacific Trellis Fruit LLC, a US-based international grower and marketer of fresh produce.
Based in California, Dulcinea was formed in 2004 in partnership with Tanimura & Antle, initially as a vehicle for branding proprietary mini-watermelon and speciality melon genetics directly to consumers through national food retail chains. Syngenta took full control of the company in 2005 and annual sales have since increased to around $80 million. Under its new ownership, Dulcinea will continue to grow and market its current portfolio. Syngenta and Pacific Trellis have also signed a long-term supply agreement whereby Syngenta will continue to provide Dulcinea with mini-watermelon and speciality melon seed varieties.
Syngenta Chief Operating Officer, Davor Pisk, said: "The sale will allow Syngenta to focus on bringing innovation to growers and the food value chain in our core Vegetables business. Pacific Trellis is the best partner to provide Dulcinea with the expertise needed to achieve greater scale and long-term business growth."
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed. The deal is expected to close by the end of 2013.
For more information about us please go to www.syngenta.com.
Publication date: 12/17/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: