Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Sam Agri taking steps to capture fresh cut fruit, vegetable marketSam Agri, being one of the first movers in fresh-cut fruit business from India, has invested in developing state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities that meet food safety regulation standards and internal technical standards for developed countries. In addition, they have also worked to meet private independent standards of large super market chains in UK and EU. The company has also gone back to captive and contract farming that is monitored and certified regularly for all required global accreditations.
The company doubled its production capacity recently to gear up for the increased product demand and is now equipped to produce more than 15 MT of fresh pomegranate arils per week, i.e 600 MT per year, apart from establishing an exclusive facility to produce fresh cut coconut chunks
While the primary focus of Sam Agri continues to be the well-established European and American markets for fresh-cut and prepared fruit, the Company is also exploring the market potential of fast emerging Asian markets like China and India, with a special focus on the Far East and South East Asian markets like Hong Kong and Singapore, with its existing product range.
The continued R & D efforts of the company is expected to add few more fresh cut products to their product range, as India’s rich and varied climatic zones provide a huge potential for a wide-range of fruits to be produced. The company would like to replicate the success it achieved by being a pioneer in 365-day supply of Pomegranate Arils to other fresh cut products as well.
For more information:
Sam Agritech Limited
Tel: +91 40 27906577
Fax: +91 40 27902174
Publication date: 12/10/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: