Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Grupo Berries to supply blueberries from 2014
Grupo Berries is a Mexican producer and exporter of berries founded three years ago in association of a group of independent producers. It currently supplies strawberries and raspberries and it plans to include blueberries to its range in 2014. The company owns plantations in Jalisco and Guanajuato with a total of 45 hectares and it also works together with associated producers.
The fruit, whose production peaks during the months of October, November and December, is marketed under its own brand, Valle Berries, and under those of its clients, upon request. The plantations are certified by PrimusGFS, with preparations for Global G.A.P. underway.
According to Álvaro Preciado Calvillo, general director of the company, the current situation in the market is good, a result of the firm's commitment to quality. This will allow for a much greater growth next year for all berries, as well as the search for new markets.
Regarding exports, the company currently ships a total of 100,000 3.6 kilo boxes of strawberries and 30,000 2 kilo boxes of raspberries per season. Its main destinations are the United States, Singapore and Spain and it aims to expand with new clients in Europe and Asia.
Grupo Berries frequently visits fairs such as PMA and has carried out trade missions in Asia. Next year, the firm plans to attend Fruit Logistica, in Berlin.
For more information:
Álvaro A. Preciado Calvillo, General Director
Publication date: 11/19/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: