Job offersmore »
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
- International Sales Manager - -Europe/USA
- Sales person
- Director of International Sales and Marketing - USA, Miami (FL)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- "Strong growth experienced in the Dutch and import season"
- “Water shortage Western Cape will have negative impact on availability of grapes”
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Grupo Berries to supply blueberries from 2014
Grupo Berries is a Mexican producer and exporter of berries founded three years ago in association of a group of independent producers. It currently supplies strawberries and raspberries and it plans to include blueberries to its range in 2014. The company owns plantations in Jalisco and Guanajuato with a total of 45 hectares and it also works together with associated producers.
The fruit, whose production peaks during the months of October, November and December, is marketed under its own brand, Valle Berries, and under those of its clients, upon request. The plantations are certified by PrimusGFS, with preparations for Global G.A.P. underway.
According to Álvaro Preciado Calvillo, general director of the company, the current situation in the market is good, a result of the firm's commitment to quality. This will allow for a much greater growth next year for all berries, as well as the search for new markets.
Regarding exports, the company currently ships a total of 100,000 3.6 kilo boxes of strawberries and 30,000 2 kilo boxes of raspberries per season. Its main destinations are the United States, Singapore and Spain and it aims to expand with new clients in Europe and Asia.
Grupo Berries frequently visits fairs such as PMA and has carried out trade missions in Asia. Next year, the firm plans to attend Fruit Logistica, in Berlin.
For more information:
Álvaro A. Preciado Calvillo, General Director
Publication date: 11/19/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: