Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Grupo Berries to supply blueberries from 2014
Grupo Berries is a Mexican producer and exporter of berries founded three years ago in association of a group of independent producers. It currently supplies strawberries and raspberries and it plans to include blueberries to its range in 2014. The company owns plantations in Jalisco and Guanajuato with a total of 45 hectares and it also works together with associated producers.
The fruit, whose production peaks during the months of October, November and December, is marketed under its own brand, Valle Berries, and under those of its clients, upon request. The plantations are certified by PrimusGFS, with preparations for Global G.A.P. underway.
According to Álvaro Preciado Calvillo, general director of the company, the current situation in the market is good, a result of the firm's commitment to quality. This will allow for a much greater growth next year for all berries, as well as the search for new markets.
Regarding exports, the company currently ships a total of 100,000 3.6 kilo boxes of strawberries and 30,000 2 kilo boxes of raspberries per season. Its main destinations are the United States, Singapore and Spain and it aims to expand with new clients in Europe and Asia.
Grupo Berries frequently visits fairs such as PMA and has carried out trade missions in Asia. Next year, the firm plans to attend Fruit Logistica, in Berlin.
For more information:
Álvaro A. Preciado Calvillo, General Director
Publication date: 11/19/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: