Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- Florida fruit growers sour over NAFTA as production continues falling
- "Quality for us starts more than 12 months before the crop is even harvested"
- “Give us 1.20 dollar more per box”
- First Colombian Hass avocado shipment makes its way to Port Long Beach, US
- Fruit becoming scarcer in growing world market
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Disney to market Marvel-branded fruits and vegetablesDisney Consumer Products will showcase new selections of its Disney-branded fruits and vegetables at a trade show this week featuring Marvel and other characters, the company announced Thursday.
The subsidiary of Walt Disney Co., the Burbank entertainment conglomerate, has sold apple slices and berries featuring Disney characters on the packaging since 2006, with total sales of 3.1 billion servings. Other current offerings include vegetable trays shaped like Mickey Mouse or Cinderella’s carriage.
The new products include sliced apples with Marvel’s The Avengers or Spider-Man on the package, and mangos with a variety of Disney characters. The company will debut the products at the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit Convention & Expo, Oct. 18-20 in New Orleans.
“We continue to innovate, delivering flavors that appeal to kids and offering an ever-expanding assortment of fruits and vegetables featuring the Disney characters kids know and love,” said John King, director of licensing consumables at Disney Consumer Products, in a statement.
Disney acquired Marvel Studios in 2009 in a $4 billion deal that has been hugely successful, spawning the Ironman and other franchises. However, Sony Pictures retains the rights to use the Spiderman character in films.
Publication date: 10/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: