Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Disney to market Marvel-branded fruits and vegetablesDisney Consumer Products will showcase new selections of its Disney-branded fruits and vegetables at a trade show this week featuring Marvel and other characters, the company announced Thursday.
The subsidiary of Walt Disney Co., the Burbank entertainment conglomerate, has sold apple slices and berries featuring Disney characters on the packaging since 2006, with total sales of 3.1 billion servings. Other current offerings include vegetable trays shaped like Mickey Mouse or Cinderella’s carriage.
The new products include sliced apples with Marvel’s The Avengers or Spider-Man on the package, and mangos with a variety of Disney characters. The company will debut the products at the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit Convention & Expo, Oct. 18-20 in New Orleans.
“We continue to innovate, delivering flavors that appeal to kids and offering an ever-expanding assortment of fruits and vegetables featuring the Disney characters kids know and love,” said John King, director of licensing consumables at Disney Consumer Products, in a statement.
Disney acquired Marvel Studios in 2009 in a $4 billion deal that has been hugely successful, spawning the Ironman and other franchises. However, Sony Pictures retains the rights to use the Spiderman character in films.
Publication date: 10/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: