Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tops Friendly Markets' Steven Wright named 2013 Retailer of the YearTops Friendly Markets has announced that the company's produce director, Steven Wright, has won 2013 Retailer of the Year from Produce Retailer magazine. The award celebrates Wright as well as Tops' entire produce team as leaders in the produce field and within the grocery industry.
Nominations for this distinction are submitted largely by the produce vendor community and are based on criteria such as: innovative programs, creative merchandising, environmental stewardship, supplier relationship, leadership effectiveness, and divisional culture.
Wright was selected based on a strong group of nominations who cited not only his leadership style, but also the positive sales and volume increases in fresh produce they've seen over the past few years since he joined the Tops team. Nominators also pointed to the strong emphasis Tops places on its fresh produce division, and the innovative programs Wright and his team has put together, including exclusive deals on premium products and social media outreach through fresh produce-focused accounts like @TOPSProduce on Twitter.
"I am extremely honored by this distinction," Wright said. "The entire produce team at Tops works hard to give our shoppers fresh, wholesome products from reputable local and national growers and suppliers. We strive everyday to make fresh produce top of mind for our associates and customers, and I am thankful to our vendor community as well as Produce Retailer for recognizing that."
For more information, please visit the company's website at www.topsmarkets.com.
Publication date: 10/14/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: