- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Einkaufskoordinator/in - Austria
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- US: State shuts down Washington Strawberry Commission
- Flavorful Brands forms partnership with Bejo Seeds
- Kazakhstan project unveiled for a nursery with modern equipment
- Ethylene company to showcase its ripening products at Fresh Summit
- Guatemala: Frozen bananas are well received in the international market
Grape consumption may benefit bone health
The eight week feeding study, undertaken by Purdue University, was designed to investigate the long term benefits of grape consumption on bone health using an animal model for menopause. An earlier study had demonstrated short term benefits with grape intake in these animals.
The study results, presented by Emily Hohman of Purdue University, showed that animals consuming a grape-enriched diet had improved bone calcium retention compared to those fed the control diet without grapes. Additionally, the grape-fed group had greater femur cortical thickness and strength.
“These results suggest that grapes can improve yet another important aspect of health – our bones,” said Dr. Connie Weaver, lead investigator of the study. “This is an exciting new area of grape research that merits additional focus and study.”
The American Society for Bone and Mineral Research is a professional, scientific and medical society established to bring together clinical and experimental scientists involved in the study of bone and mineral metabolism.
For more information please visit www.grapesfromcalifornia.com
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 The Chiquita blue sticker turns pink for a good cause!
- 10/11/2018 Omani women use cherimoya to develop remedy against hair loss
- 10/11/2018 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 10/08/2018 80% of retailers rally together to drive up veg consumption in UK
- 10/02/2018 Pumpkin donuts for Halloween
- 09/25/2018 Fruity beauty: Use of fruit in personal care products increases 10.7%
- 09/19/2018 ‘Agroecology can feed Europe pesticide-free in 2050’
- 09/19/2018 Cassava virus breaks out in Zambia
- 09/18/2018 Chiquita launches Pink Sticker program this October
- 09/14/2018 Tour de Fresh brings 46 more salad bars to U.S. schools in its 5th year
- 09/12/2018 Tomatoes could hold the key for infertility problems
- 09/06/2018 ‘French Fries: No. 1 vegetable toddlers consume’
- 09/05/2018 Trying fruit and veggie ideas in school lunches
- 09/05/2018 UK: 3.7 million children live in households that can't afford a healthy diet
- 09/04/2018 Camu-camu, an exotic fruit that could help tackle obesity
- 08/29/2018 "Agriculture must battle chronic disease"
- 08/22/2018 Strawberries to treat bowel disease?
- 08/22/2018 ‘Apples reverse ageing’
- 08/20/2018 Button mushrooms as treatment against diabetes?
- 08/15/2018 UK experts: Eat skin of fruit and veg as well