Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- South African grapefruit exporters not rushing things during peak season
- Row-straddling, weeding robot headed to international market
- Peru sells all of its watermelon exports to Ecuador and Chile
- New Jumbo shopping concept starts in Groningen
- "Seedless grape consumption will be crucial in Spain this year"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (FL): Walmart matching BOGO deals from Publix, other grocery storesThe world's largest retailer is now matching buy-one-get-one-free sales from Publix and other grocery chains at its Florida Walmart stores. "Our customers have told us they want us to accept BOGO offers from other retailers, and that is what we are doing," said Walmart spokeswoman Molly Philhours.
Under the new policy, the chain will match other stores' BOGO deals using Walmart's everyday price, even if it's lower than the competitor's price. That means a BOGO deal for Cheez-It crackers costing $3.69 at Publix could actually cost $2.50 at Walmart.
Stores will keep track of BOGO deals at Publix, Winn-Dixie and other stores and give them to customers who ask at checkout, Philhours said. Shoppers do not need to bring in a competitor's ad.
The match guarantee squashes many shoppers' arguments that Walmart doesn't have the lowest prices if you factor in sales and weekly BOGO deals offered at other grocery chains. It applies to all Walmart stores, Supercenters and Neighborhood Markets across Florida but does not apply in other states.
"Take on Walmart on price if you dare because they will undercut you,'' Wunner said, noting that Publix was one the few grocers nationwide to counter Walmart's ads. "Walmart always seems to have a way to best anyone on price.''
Asked about the new deal matching, Publix officials emphasized its focus on quality food and customer service. It's unknown at this point what, if any, action Publix might take.
Publication date: 10/2/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: