Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (FL): Walmart matching BOGO deals from Publix, other grocery storesThe world's largest retailer is now matching buy-one-get-one-free sales from Publix and other grocery chains at its Florida Walmart stores. "Our customers have told us they want us to accept BOGO offers from other retailers, and that is what we are doing," said Walmart spokeswoman Molly Philhours.
Under the new policy, the chain will match other stores' BOGO deals using Walmart's everyday price, even if it's lower than the competitor's price. That means a BOGO deal for Cheez-It crackers costing $3.69 at Publix could actually cost $2.50 at Walmart.
Stores will keep track of BOGO deals at Publix, Winn-Dixie and other stores and give them to customers who ask at checkout, Philhours said. Shoppers do not need to bring in a competitor's ad.
The match guarantee squashes many shoppers' arguments that Walmart doesn't have the lowest prices if you factor in sales and weekly BOGO deals offered at other grocery chains. It applies to all Walmart stores, Supercenters and Neighborhood Markets across Florida but does not apply in other states.
"Take on Walmart on price if you dare because they will undercut you,'' Wunner said, noting that Publix was one the few grocers nationwide to counter Walmart's ads. "Walmart always seems to have a way to best anyone on price.''
Asked about the new deal matching, Publix officials emphasized its focus on quality food and customer service. It's unknown at this point what, if any, action Publix might take.
Publication date: 10/2/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: