Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
Exchange ratesmore »
anticipated increase in lemon production next season
Increase of 11% for worldwide lemon production 2013/14Ailimpo published its first estimate of the harvest of lemons in Spain: Production 2013/14 will reach 910,000 tons, an increase of 11% compared to 820,000 tons produced the previous season 2012/13. Ailimpo qualifies the expected tonnage, as "normal and sufficient", the quality assessed as "very good."
For the beginning of the season, positive side: the end of the season in the Southern hemisphere (Argentina, Uruguay and South Africa); negative side: competition with Turkey (which benefits from low costs of production, of subsidies granted by the government to exporters, of the 19% devaluation of its currency against the Euro).
The campaign of lemons 2013/14 will start in Spain at the end of September.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: