Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
anticipated increase in lemon production next season
Increase of 11% for worldwide lemon production 2013/14Ailimpo published its first estimate of the harvest of lemons in Spain: Production 2013/14 will reach 910,000 tons, an increase of 11% compared to 820,000 tons produced the previous season 2012/13. Ailimpo qualifies the expected tonnage, as "normal and sufficient", the quality assessed as "very good."
For the beginning of the season, positive side: the end of the season in the Southern hemisphere (Argentina, Uruguay and South Africa); negative side: competition with Turkey (which benefits from low costs of production, of subsidies granted by the government to exporters, of the 19% devaluation of its currency against the Euro).
The campaign of lemons 2013/14 will start in Spain at the end of September.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: