Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
anticipated increase in lemon production next season
Increase of 11% for worldwide lemon production 2013/14Ailimpo published its first estimate of the harvest of lemons in Spain: Production 2013/14 will reach 910,000 tons, an increase of 11% compared to 820,000 tons produced the previous season 2012/13. Ailimpo qualifies the expected tonnage, as "normal and sufficient", the quality assessed as "very good."
For the beginning of the season, positive side: the end of the season in the Southern hemisphere (Argentina, Uruguay and South Africa); negative side: competition with Turkey (which benefits from low costs of production, of subsidies granted by the government to exporters, of the 19% devaluation of its currency against the Euro).
The campaign of lemons 2013/14 will start in Spain at the end of September.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: