Job offersmore »
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
anticipated increase in lemon production next season
Increase of 11% for worldwide lemon production 2013/14Ailimpo published its first estimate of the harvest of lemons in Spain: Production 2013/14 will reach 910,000 tons, an increase of 11% compared to 820,000 tons produced the previous season 2012/13. Ailimpo qualifies the expected tonnage, as "normal and sufficient", the quality assessed as "very good."
For the beginning of the season, positive side: the end of the season in the Southern hemisphere (Argentina, Uruguay and South Africa); negative side: competition with Turkey (which benefits from low costs of production, of subsidies granted by the government to exporters, of the 19% devaluation of its currency against the Euro).
The campaign of lemons 2013/14 will start in Spain at the end of September.
Publication date: 9/18/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: