- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- FreshStart conference returns in January 2019
- British farms may get special pass to hire migrant workers
- US: Forty-four States allowed households to apply online for SNAP benefits in 2016
- ‘Afghanistan to export goods via Lapis Lazuli trade route in the near future’
- ‘Agroecology can feed Europe pesticide-free in 2050’
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US: Awe Sum Organics is growing more than just organic fruit
"The remodeling began in June with an emphasis on green building," said Elizabeth Posner, Director of Marketing and project manager for the new headquarters. "We did a lot of research to find the best materials, such as DIRTT walls, which are moveable glass walls that can grow with your business, thereby eliminating waste from landfills. DIRTT, which stands for Doing It Right The First Time, are walls designed for reuse and reconfiguration, with integrated power and data that can be modified indefinitely over time, (with little or no impact on the workplace, and zero construction waste). DIRTT is made of recycled denim insulation, environmentally friendly MDF, and non-VOC paint. The focus at DIRTT is on re-use rather than re-cycling, effectively 'future proofing' commercial environments and eliminating waste and disruption caused by conventional construction." “If you need to remodel or move, you just take them with you,” stated Elizabeth. They are currently being used in Silicon Valley by companies like EBay, Google, and LinkedIn who project future growth. Awe Sum Organics is the first to utilize the full DIRTT solution in Santa Cruz County.
"We also incorporated beautiful Breathe Walls made of plants which remove the negative ions and CO2 from the air, providing fresh, rich oxygen for the environment.” Other features include eco-friendly carpet, tile and ceiling tiles with a minimum of 50% post-consumer recycled content, and green, non-toxic paint by YOLO that has no reproductive toxins, mutagens, hazardous air pollutants, ozone depleting compounds, formaldehyde, phthalates, or VOCs.
Awe Sum Organics employees will have the added benefit of working with sustainable Knoll furniture and desks that (with the touch of a button) allow you to sit or stand at your workstation. “I also re-purposed old wooden doors which possibly would have ended up in a landfill, turning them into beautiful new desks for CEO David Posner and myself," said Elizabeth.
The move will allow Awe Sum Organics to double the size of their work force, positioning itself for major growth in the near future. Awe Sum Organics plans to move their headquarters from Capitola to the new Santa Cruz location October 6th. Phase two will include a roof top garden and solar panels.
"We are excited to immerse ourselves in a state of the art workspace equipped with a gourmet kitchen, ergonomic workstations, clean air, and a high tech conference room. It’s ironic that what was once a gallery to showcase beautiful works of art, has now become a work of art in of itself. Go ahead and say it, that’s Awe Sum!"
For more information:
Awe Sum Organics
Phone: +1 831 462 2244
Fax: +1 831 462 2552
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Who is buying the most organic groceries?
- 09/20/2018 Italy: Demand increasing for organic sprouts
- 09/20/2018 France: "There is a serious shortage in organic producers"
- 09/19/2018 US: Record number of Organic Trade Association members vote in Board election
- 09/19/2018 Grower roundtable keynote presentation announced for OGS 2018
- 09/19/2018 Organto commences sales of organic asparagus
- 09/18/2018 Washington grower expands organic category
- 09/14/2018 Organic avocado supplies are shifting - California still in play
- 09/13/2018 Italy: Great success for organic mushrooms
- 09/12/2018 Italy: Sana 2018 organic fair
- 09/12/2018 New Zealand's organic sector showing major growth
- 09/11/2018 Organic supplier SunFresh takes new approach to developing new brand
- 09/11/2018 Costco sponsoring 'Meet the Grower' at Organic Grower Summit
- 09/07/2018 Organic sector starts autumn at fair in Lyon
- 09/07/2018 Organto begins sales of organic ginger and expands supply base
- 09/07/2018 Organic Trade Association drives move toward voluntary organic check-off
- 09/07/2018 Largest organic nursery in Central America inaugurated in Panama
- 09/06/2018 India: Daily market for local produce established in Dimapur
- 09/06/2018 What is the status of organic agriculture in Mexico?
- 09/05/2018 Supermarket sales of organic food and drink keep rising in UK