Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Dubai group opens giant food packaging unitHotpack Packaging Industries, a leading UAE-based producer and wholesaler of disposable food packaging materials, is set to open a Dh100 million ($27.2 million) integrated manufacturing and logistics unit in Dubai. Spanning over 350,000 sq ft, the facility coming up in Dubai Investments Park, will be the biggest single facility in the UAE for food packaging solutions.
Hotpack is part of Majid Plastics Group, one of the leading manufacturers and wholesale distributors of disposable food packaging, serving and related products in the region. The Group has an annual turnover of Dh500 million and is eyeing further opportunities across the Middle East and Africa region and the next market.
Commenting on the launch, Abdul Jabbar managing director – Hotpack Packaging Industries, "The new integrated facility, certified by ISO and ESMA, will be manufacturing several varieties of plastic, paper and aluminum products to cater to the food service industry, while complying with the highest global standards of quality and hygiene as well as abiding by the recommendations for sustainable practice. Our mission is to become No.1 in the field of disposable food packaging and related products in the continent."
The Group, said Jabbar, operates four factories in the UAE and one in India, in addition to 15 own distribution centers across the GCC. Hotpack deals with more than 1,700 products.
Welcoming Hotpack into Dubai Investments Park, Ammar Al Duwaikh, the sales & leasing manager said:"Hotpack has emerged as a leading manufacturing and wholesale player in the food sector supporting industry segment, and we are committed to provide them with excellent infrastructure and utilities network to help them."
Publication date: 9/10/2013
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: